Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Lent in Altos del Maria



Lent is a special time for many in Hispanic countries. As you drive up to or down from Altos del Maria you will drive past many white crosses. Some have flowers on them as these posted and others have a purple ribbon or fabric wrapped around them. I rather like this custom! A good reminder of the time of the year and plenty to meditate on!




As I drove to the bank today I had to park behind another vehicle because the parking lot was full. As you can see from the photo this is what I parked behind - a truck with a bull! Seemed normal around here!

This boulder will reside under our terrace. No way to remove it or even push it to the side so I can use it decoratively!

I hear many stories from more and more people that they also have huge boulders under their homes.

This one is NOT moving for sure. If it could tip the bulldozer it just ain't moving! Makes for interesting days though!

Have started building a chain-link fence on one side of the lot and will be getting ready to start planting soon. The only reason I can start planting soon is that the entire bottom part of the lot is available to me from the side that faces Piombino Street and provides full access for any other projects we want to work on between now and the time when the house is completed.



No comments:

Post a Comment