Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A pretty busy day!

Woke up to our new gardener's arrival at 6:45am. I love him already! Very methodical in his work, organized in how he tackled the yard, bushes, flowers, and he even cleaned all the gutters. The gutters are a big deal because they normally get full of dirt, twigs, flowers that want to start growing, pine needles and anything else. My previous gardener only cleaned the gutters when I asked him to. In addition he swept my entire driveway. WOW what a way to start! Gave him some coffee at 10am and lunch at noon.

Then we had to make plenty of trips to our lot, which is literally just down the hill, to take gallon jugs (6) of water with ice cubes to the workers that are building our fence. As usual, we find out that we did not get enough galvinized posts - we are 8 short - so we are going to try and exchange some of the cement blocks for the posts. Seems that when they started to dig a trench for the blocks they discovered the "normal" boulders on my property line and although they tried, they just could not move them. So we will have to put the fence "around the corner" ofthe huge rocks - so to speak! Anything is possible in Altos......

Many trips were made to take them water with ice, cups, etc. At 3pm we had to drive by to pick up all the jugs, cups and see what tomorrow's plan would be. We will see what happens with the fence tomorrow.

Just prior to that we took the gardener down to Sora at 2:30pm. On the way we stopped at the bottom side of our lot and I got out and walked the bottom with him and discussed the planting of the palm trees that I have that need to be planted. One of them is a coconut with roots and some kind of leaf coming out of it. It should grow into a huge palm tree. (Photos to follow) He is going to complete the cleaning of our lot by running the weed eater at least once through and then will plant the 3 palm trees and told me he will also start helping me plant all the ferns I have and will also make hanging baskets to hang from the trees - Lord knows I have plenty of them. He said that slowly he will help me start giving the bottom of the lot some life. Of course once the rainy season begins I will be able to transfer the rest of the plants I am babysitting on my terrace. Then the bottom of the lot will start taking some shape.

As you can see this is what a typical day may look like uphere or down here depending on your perspective. The next thing you know the day has passed.....time seems to be flying by. Getting ready to go to a dinner invite!

No comments:

Post a Comment